Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Art history reflections: Barbara

From Last day of class

I have always loved exploring museums in San Francisco and on my travels viewing works of art. I am a member of the San Francisco Museum Society, Hillsborough Auxiliary. We are quite active and never miss a new event always guided by a knowledgeable docent. Still I felt something was missing---I just wasn't "getting it". This class has opened my eyes in so many ways. It is enlightening to know the different periods and exciting to recognize a few correctly. Now I know to ask myself what the artist is trying say, but I'm still not confident enough to decide if he was successful. I am inspired to keep studying and learning and hope I can understand and appreciate the art that I view. Thank you Dick!

No comments: